If you are uncertain how to begin, we can take the lead and do the work for you. If you are comfortable with penning a rough draft and desire someone to help polish the manuscript, we are happy to do that as well.
** Personal Biographer
- Conduct conversational one-on-one interviews to capture the memories and values you wish to share
- Organize interviews into a well-written, cohesive narrative, told in your recognizable “voice” and formatted in a book style (table of contents, chapters, etc). This is the rough draft.
- Give you the opportunity to review the draft and offer any additional feedback.
- If desired, help select appropriate photos and memorabilia to scan and include in the finished product.
- Make necessary additions and revisions before submitting to publisher — several binding options available. Multiple copies can be made for gift-giving.
- Deliver final copy of Your Life Story to your home.
Each Life Story book is tailor-made for your individual preferences. Costs vary widely depending on the services required and book selection. A one-hour free consultation is included to help us meet your life story expectations and budgetary needs.
** Writing Coach
We are here to assist you any way we can. Coaching sessions are tailor-made for your individual needs. Services may include some or all of the following:
- Provide a variety of writing prompts to help you uncover meaningful memories
- Assist with writing content to help you reveal sensory details that makes the story come alive on the page
- Assist with story organization into a cohesive narrative form
- Assist with selection of photos or memorabilia to add depth depth and visual appeal to the book
- Proofread a draft manuscript for spelling and grammatical errors.
- Assist with the selection of the right publisher and book binding to suit your personal needs.
** A Variety of Life Stories
While the most common Life Story is a biography (birth through present day), there are a variety of other story themes that can be explored:
- Memoir – focusing on a specific theme or event in a person’s life
- Milestones – such as Wedding, Anniversary, Birth, Graduation, Retirement, Military Career
- Tribute – memorial book for a special loved one who has passed on
- Inspirational – personal or health challenges that offer hope
- Collectibles – heirlooms or special objects of significance
- Travel – one special trip or a lifetime of adventures
- Beloved Pet – certainly a special member of our family history
- Small Business – history, milestones